Thursday, June 17, 2010

Huntsville visit

We left for Huntsville after Jeff was finished with his teacher inservice to visit my family. It was quite a busy weekend with lots of people in town for my sister Jamie's baby shower. Pipi got sick the morning of the baby shower that I was helping out with, so that was not fun. I think she caught the virus that L.C. had a couple of weeks ago. It lasts for about 4-5 days with a high fever and severe nausea. She was sick the whole time, but kept saying she didn't want to miss out on the fun. Since then both of Lindsey's kids have gotten it!

(Mom, Katherine, Me, Jamie, Lindsey, & Lou)

We were also lucky to have our German friends the Thimm's visiting over the weekend too. They were traveling around the U.S. and Canada visiting friends, and they stayed with my parents for about 6 days. It was so nice to see them again, and really made me homesick for Germany. We have stayed with them on both of our backpacking trips to Europe, and it was such a wonderful experience. I hope that they felt the same way, as they truly got to experience the American lifestyle with my crazy, wonderful family! We took them on a hike to look for tadpoles, and they took the big boys with my Dad to the Space and Rocket center.






No comments: