Saturday, April 16, 2011

Math Fest



 L.C. was selected from his school to attend the state mathfest, so a couple of weeks ago we traveled down to The World Congress Center in Atlanta to watch him compete.  I have to admit I wasn't too thrilled about "watching" kids do math problems, but I was blown away when I got there at what a big deal it was.  They said they had over 8,000 kids competing that day! 
Here is just a snap shot of the mass of people that were there.


    
  These are the 4th grade tables competing.  This is how many kids there were at the beginning.  Can you spot my smart boy?









This is how many kids were left when L.C. got out of the competition.  He was 1 question away from getting to go the the regional competition.  We are very proud of him...and he says he is not good at math!!!