Thursday, February 19, 2009

Crossfit games

Gosh, how/why does time go by so quickly when I need more of it? I really need more hours in the day to get everything done! We went to Huntsville this past weekend so that Jeff and his brother (Jon) could participate in the Crossfit games (and of course to also visit with family). I am not sure why they call them games...aren't games supposed to be fun? They worked very hard and did well. Jeff likes to think that he came in first in his age group! They competed on Sat. and Sun.

Jeff is in the red and Jon is behind him in the tan. They are doing Burpee's . In this round of competition, they had 6 different exercises/lifts/jumps or whatever you call them. I think they had to do 30 of each for time.

This is what they looked like after they finished. It is like nothing else you see. Everyone works so hard that they can't not stand up after they finish.


Here is just a short video of some of the things they had to do.

I got to visit with a friend from high school this weekend too. It was great to see Jenn again and catch up. I think it has been almost 19 years!!! Oops that gives my age away doesn't it?? I was a child prodigy (did I spell that right?). Since I went to school in Germany, I don't see many of my high school friends, so this is a bigger deal than to most!


The kids got to play at this awesome park. The weather was gorgeous. This picture doesn't show half of the park (Kids Space). I even have fun coming here.

No comments: