Saturday, May 15, 2010

How many can you do?



This boy is simply amazing! He stopped at 10 only because that was all we told him to do...I think his record is 21...what's yours???

He is growing up so fast, but the other night as I was tucking everybody in he asked if I would lay with him. I really was ready to kiss everyone and be done with the night, but I decided to stay. I know that one day, not too far off in the future, that this 9 year old won't want anything to do with me.

It was only about 5 minutes that I stayed, but it was one of those simple memories that I will keep.

We chatted about the day and laughed a little.

I left his room with a big smile on my face.

Often times it takes little moments like this to bring life into prospective. Thanks my sweet L.C. for doing that for me!


I just read this on another blog and it was also such a good reminder to me on one of my crazy I really want to beat my kids days...

"Let everything I say be good and helpful so my words will be an encouragement to those who hear them."

3 comments:

jlindsey said...

What I think is the most amazing is how he get up on that bar! Super kid!

Jamie said...

I will have to agree with Lindsey. I don't think I could get up there. Can't wait to see the gym!!

dmw212 said...

Luke looks alot like Spiderman getting up on that bar!! Wow, he's the man !!!